A DUNS number, also known as a Data Universal Numbering System number, is a unique nine-digit identifier assigned to businesses by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). DUNS numbers are used to track a business’s credit history and financial information.
If you are a business owner in the UAE, you may need to obtain a DUNS number for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To apply for a business loan
- To bid on government contracts
- To participate in global supply chains
- To improve your business’s credit rating
How to find your DUNS number in the UAE
There are two ways to find your DUNS number in the UAE:
Online: You can search for your DUNS number on the D&B website. To do this, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your business’s legal name
- Your business’s address
- Your business’s phone number
By phone: You can also call D&B customer service at +971 4 406 9900 to request your DUNS number.
What is the cost of obtaining a DUNS number in the UAE?
Obtaining a DUNS number is free for all businesses.
How long does it take to get a DUNS number in the UAE?
You can typically obtain a DUNS number within 24 hours. However, if D&B needs to verify your business information, it may take up to 30 days to process your request.
What are the benefits of having a DUNS number in the UAE?
There are a number of benefits to having a DUNS number in the UAE, including:
- Improved credit rating: A DUNS number can help you improve your business’s credit rating. This is because D&B uses DUNS numbers to track a business’s credit history and financial information.
- Increased visibility: Having a DUNS number can increase the visibility of your business to potential customers and suppliers. This is because many businesses and organizations use DUNS numbers to identify and screen potential partners.
- Access to global markets: A DUNS number can help you access global markets. Many businesses and organizations require their suppliers to have DUNS numbers.
How to use your DUNS number in the UAE
Once you have obtained a DUNS number, you can use it to:
- Apply for business loans
- Bid on government contracts
- Participate in global supply chains
- Register for business directories
- Build your business’s credit history
Imagine you are a small business owner in the UAE. You are looking to expand your business and start exporting your products to new markets. However, you are having difficulty finding suppliers who are willing to work with you because you do not have a DUNS number.
Once you obtain a DUNS number, you will be able to access a global network of suppliers and customers. You will also be able to improve your business’s credit rating and attract new investors.
If you are a business owner in the UAE, I encourage you to obtain a DUNS number. It is a free and easy process that can have a significant impact on your business’s success.